Applying for a Grant from the Pittsburgh Child Guidance Foundation
The Pittsburgh Child Guidance Foundation (PCGF) presents the opportunity for your nonprofit organization to apply for a grant that supports programs related to PCGF’s area of emphasis – helping families with children who are experiencing homelessness.
Your organization is invited to submit a request for financial support of your program. Groups and organizations that address the emotional needs of children and families experiencing homelessness are encouraged to apply. PCGF is particularly interested in learning about and supporting innovating programs and practices that encourage improvements to service delivery, and/or policies. As well, PCGF encourages those working to prevent homelessness and keep families in their homes to apply.
The Foundation seeks to partner with community organizations of every kind throughout Allegheny County, including faith-based, grassroots groups and nonprofit organizations with 501(c)3 status. We accept applications on a rolling basis between June and October, 2019. We will begin accepting Letters of Intent on June 1, 2019.
The Pittsburgh Child Guidance Foundation is dedicated to improving the emotional health and well-being of children and youth living in Allegheny County by providing grants and collaborating with public and private organizations to implement innovative policies, practices and programs.
If there is a fit between what we fund and your organizations’ mission, we invite you to submit a proposal that includes the following information:
- Name, street address, email address, phone number, of the key contact(s)
- Amount being requested
- State how it would be used; who are the beneficiaries
- Identify your geographic service areas
- State how your work aligns with our mission, an overview of your organization;
- Who your other partners are for this particular program
- What the goals are for the program we would support
- Time frame of program
- State how you will measure the success of the program
- Copy of the budget for the program
- Program for which you are requesting funding as a Word document
- Any previous funding your organization has received from PCGF (a mention – not a detailed report)
- Copy of your 501(c)3 determination
- List of current board members
- NEW for 2019: Completed Project Overview and Outcomes Planning Form
- On a separate page, please include a one to two page summary of the program for which you are seeking funding. Submit this description as a Word document addressed to Executive Director, Pittsburgh Child Guidance Foundation, 611 William Penn Place, Suite 303, Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
Please note: PCGF supports organizations that do not intend to deny services, employment, or volunteer involvement based on age, ancestry or national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, physical or mental disability, or religion. It is not the intent of this policy to deny support for programs that serve specifically defined populations.
For programs that serve a specifically defined population, if your program is unable to fulfill a request for services, your program shall make an appropriate referral and assist the requester in identifying an appropriate agency.
For programs that serve a specifically defined population and are unable to meet the needs of a request, it will not be deemed a denial if a referral is made to an appropriate program.
The Foundation is an active investor. Trustees and staff visit funding agencies and review reports. Groups that welcome partnerships with funders are best able to utilize the Foundation’s assistance.
If your organization is approved to receive funding, we will request a final report at the end of your one-year grant.
This invitation does not guarantee funding from the Pittsburgh Child Guidance Foundation. It presents the opportunity to submit an application.
Feel free to call me at (412) 434-1665 if you have any questions. Thanks for your interest.